The bling dress taking shape

Posted by Unknown
 A completed muslin, a happy teen...and a secretly relieved mother.  With Anita's help my drafted pattern needs very little adjustment. I will take 1 centimetre from the underarm seams.  I also had an issue with constructing the neckband which is proved too narrow to turn while it was attached to the centre front.  Just love the bra straps which won't feature on the evening...
It is still inside out in this picture.   My  plan is to sew the outside edges, clipping where it joins the front, machine the front seam, then hand stitch the facing in place.  Does anyone have a better idea?    I will use stretch interfacing on all of the outside edges of the top and skirt split to avoid stretching or sagging that might cause 'wardrobe malfunction'.
 
This weekend is a long weekend in Sydney, a great window to commence construction. I'm excited, are you? 


 

Copyright © 2009 party dress | Design by [blogger merak dua]